There is a naval base at Orikut with the rusting hulks of soviet submarines which I desperately wanted to see but after walking for 45 minutes the road was closed with a gate and a soldier with a rifle. However I had noticed that there was a sign for the Orikut Archaeological site and it seemed that it must be inside the base and so I told him that that was where I wanted to go. He looked rather surprised by this request but made a phone call and within a few minutes a man appeared with a book of tickets and charged me 400 lek. They both attempted to tell me where to go in a mixture of Albanian and Italian. I then set of down a long road towards the submarines but there was another gate and then it was obvious that I would not be allowed through it since I had already passed the archeological site. The site was worth about 3 out of 10 definitely not worth a total of about 2 hours walking.

