The traffic in Vlore appears chaotic, the main road has six lanes with parking on both sides, so that leaves two lanes in each direction. There is a constant flow of cars but no discipline. People are performing three point turns completely without warning. Then others stop suddenly to let a passenger out and the cars behind pull over to the other side, and all the time pedestrians are wandering across. The funny thing is that all this apparent chaos does not seem to be unsafe. I can step out to cross the road and the cars just stop or drive around me. I actually think that I could walk blindfold from one side to the other without any danger, although I am not going to try this.
The guy in the photo had double parked on a roundabout and that is, it seems, unacceptable. Single parking on a roundabout is okay but double parking is pushing it.
